Feel free to get in touch if you have any queries regarding the scheme, we are here to help, and in addition you can also take a glance at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to our most common queries.


How often will I receive payment?

For beneficiaries who transferred to WIBSS from one of previous five UK Schemes, your original preference quarterly or monthly will be maintained. Equally, if you have recently registered with WIBSS, you can also choose between quarterly or monthly payments.

When can I expect my first payment?

Your first payment under the Wales Infected Blood Support Scheme will be payable on 20th November 2017. If you are a new applicant to WIBSS, a newly registered widow / widower / partner, have recently had a change in circumstances or the rate at which you are paid is due to change, personalised dates will be sent to you via your preferred contact details.

What happens to the previous 5 UK schemes and my payments?

You will no longer receive any payment, (whether regular or discretionary) from the former schemes as of November 1st 2017. If you have not provided your consent for this, please contact your former scheme urgently so your details may be transferred to WIBSS as soon as possible. The five former schemes are contactable until January 2018. Please get in touch here to discuss your individual payment amounts or if you have any queries about your new WIBSS payments.

What happens if my circumstances change?

If your circumstances change, it is important to inform us here at WIBSS as soon as possible. Examples could include a change in health, relationship status or where there is a death of a beneficiary. If you get in contact with us here, we are happy to advise you on any relevant next steps.

What if I do not have access to a bank account?

Your dedicated WIBSS advisor can provide you with information on bank accounts available for your circumstances, and guide you through the process of opening an account if this is required. Alternatively, if you change your bank account provider, please contact us so we can update your payment records.

Can I nominate someone to act on my behalf?

You can nominate a representative to act on your behalf, provide an alternate contact address, or notify us of a Power of Attorney via our contact preferences form here or get in touch with us directly.

How do I appeal a WIBSS decision?

Details of how to appeal a WIBSS decision can be found here

What is your complaints procedure?

It is important that we welcome comments and learn from people’s experiences, good or bad about our services. The vast majority of people are happy with the service they receive. Sometimes though, things might not go as well as expected. When that happens, we need to look at what went wrong so we can try to make it better. Velindre NHS Trust has a clear policy in place if you wish to raise a concern, details of which are found here.


What are Directions?